A Very Sad Day....

Posted by Unknown | 8:57 PM | 2 comments »

Well I haven't posted in a little while, and this being the reason I post just doesn't seem fair...

(Details might not all be 100% accurate... so forgive me if slightly incorrect...I was blown away when hearing about it...)

Today, my cousin Sophie and her husband Andrew went home from their shop (they own a shop in South Africa together) for lunch today. Andrew walked in the front door of their home, saw their cleaning lady dead on the floor, shut the door in Sophie's face so she couldn't go in and locked it. He hit the alarm's call police button and got attacked by the intruder/burglar... Sophie heard alot of struggling and fighting, and then heard Andrew yelling RUN SOPHIE, JUST RUN!!

She ran towards the gate to get out of the yard but before she could get it open, the intruder came out and stabbed her in the back by the shoulder and hit her lung... Andrew came out of the house to try and fight the intruder off of Sophie...

Andrew is dead and Sophie is in the hospital in critical condition basically drugged asleep all the time.. They told her that Andrew died but I'm truly not sure if she knows it or not... Shes completely out now...

They caught the bastard who did this... but I beg of you to pray for my cousin Sophie, her husband Andrew, and all of their family. As well as their cleaning lady.

Sophie and I were born on the exact same day only a few hours apart. Although I have never met her in person, we communicate regularly and I feel so close to her. My goal is (and has been for quite some time) to go there to meet her and spend a good amount of time with her and really get to know each other more...

I am still in shock and having a hard time believing this is real or even happened. I am so torn apart...

All I ask is that you just keep everyone involved & their families in your thoughts and prayers (if you are religious).

I am Roman Catholic.. but I also believe in Karma... However this just doesn't seem fair. Sophie & Andrew are good people. They didn't deserve this. Not in the slightest. How can good people be brought down like this, in their youth.

That son of a bitch is really lucky that I am not around to learn who he is. This is one instance where I would not feel guilt causing another person pain, grief or giving him his just dessert.

I hope that Sophie can find the strength to keep on going. And I hope she knows that she has a great support system. If I could afford to be there right now, I'd be on the next plane.

Sophie, I love you... I am here for you.. and I am pulling for you!

~Una

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 3, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

    Hello Una, from what I believe it was the intruder who slammed the door on Sophie. We don't know all the details yet, but when all is investigated we will know more.

    Love, Mom

  2. Anonymous // March 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

    Hi Una.
    I am so sorry. Will be prayin.....