Meet Eva
My 1972 BMW 2002
121k miles
Shock towers are all solid. Not a whole lot of rust anywhere to speak of. Don't get me wrong there is some, most surface and a few spots are a little more owwie. Glass is good. Trim is all there (needs some TLC). Interior is in GREAT shape minus being dirty (that can be said about the whole car though). Dash is cracked. Which is fine. Maybe I will make a cool aluminum one.
She has been sitting in a garage for the past 12 years, because she stopped running (I am guessing/hoping ignition) and the owner didn't want to fix it or find out what was wrong. The freeze plug is missing, but I am hoping that is from it sitting for so long, in Colorado winters in a garage and the water finally froze and popped it out, wish me luck there.
Trunk, driver door and hood do not latch but that is not a big deal, easily fixable.
They had tried selling her previously with no interest (just a sign in her windshield, no ads placed) for $1,500. They called the junk yard whom told them $350 if they brought the car in. I found out about this car through a vendor at my work (was his sister's car) and he said if I come get it he will take $300 for her. I could NOT pass the deal up. Picked her up on Sunday.
I thought Eva (pronounced like eve-ah) was the perfect name. Classy yet ladylike.
Plans are to keep it pretty much stock, at least for now. But fix her up. I plan on flat white paint (I am going to try and add a pearl in the flat, we will see how that comes out... it worked awesome on the 2009 SL63IWC). Black wheels. And that's all you are getting for now
After I clean her up I will take better pictures. I was sick of messing around in the freezing cold and snow after getting her off the trailer to get alot of pictures or even to get my camera out, so these are just from my phone.
Enjoy my first collector car!

Unas 1972 BMW 2002

Unas 1972 BMW 2002

Unas 1972 BMW 2002

Unas 1972 BMW 2002

Unas 1972 BMW 2002

0 comments