OK these updates are over several days of working on her. But thought I would give you an update to the progress on her!!

I didn't have much time to do anything last night, but wanted to see what the seats looked like clean. So I used some leather wipes and cleaned off the passenger seat. It still needs more cleaning, some scrubbing and plenty of conditioner. But they are pretty nice. I even like the color. I still am unsure if I will be keeping the stock seats in her, or storing them in the garage and putting in newer seats or race seats or something...







More Update...

Got some more accomplished on Eva last night with the help of Stevie (the BF) Oil Changed. Her oil was poopy. Her oil filter was on there so tight it was ridiculous. Freeze plug installed. Radiator has a couple of plugged fin things and some rust. So we will see how that goes after coolant is installed (tonight). Found a performance aftermarket (Mallory) fuel pump on her. The fuel line (I think the one out of the fuel pump) was kinked hella bad (ie no fuel to motor...). So cut the line shorter and fixed the kink. And I think that is it. The goal is tonight to put in coolant. Put in new fuel, prime her. Jump her and try to make her run, or at least get more of an idea as to why she isn't running, if she won't start. Unless there is too much snow from todays supposed snow fall. I didn't take any pictures last night but I will take some tonight if I go out there to tinker with her.

More update...

Worked on her some more last night. Her gas tank was empty so that was a bonus. Put some new gas in there. Took off the air cleaner lid and primed it. Threw coolant in there. New battery. And tried starting her. She cranked, and overall sounded healthy with the exception she didn't start. Steve did some investigating and come to find out the distributor isn't turning. Dunno if the shaft is broken or what because the gears looked solid. He's bringing it into work today to look at it better considering we were out in the snow. So that would be pretty amazing if thats all I need to worry about, get her timed, and then drive the snot out of her. And boy oh boy am I excited to drive her.

More update...

Got a distributor for her because the one she had, the shaft was broken. Got it installed. Tried firing her up and she backfired so loud our neighbors came outside (mind you it was 9pm or later). Decided to wait until the next night (yesterday) to try again. Tried starting her. She sounds good cranking. But she wouldn't actually fire up. Timing is good. She sputtered a little when you put gas in the air cleaner/carb but that's it. Steve (bf) checked her spark, it was there but weak. So today we will probably be installing plugs, wires, cap and rotor (provided they get to me today before I leave work). See if that makes a difference.

If she doesn't fire up I am going to first check that electric aftermarket pump, and the fuel lines from the tank to the engine. Then work my way to the carb. Maybe even take the carb off and try cleaning it out.

We pulled a plug out last night and it looked really good considering. However there was an old spiders nest in the plug hole. EWW! Stuck to the socket. I don't do well with bugs, LOL.

So right now Eva sits in the driveway, on a charger. With no cap or wires. Waiting for some more fiddling tonight. Or I hope tonight.

I got insurance activated on her last night. So other than emissions test and registering her, I am ready to go once she is running!!!!

Some bad news though. I was cleaning out her interior and sat on the passenger seat and the leather split wide open. So now I have to figure out what I am going to do in regards to seating with her.

More update...

Alright more accomplished. Cap & Rotor installed. PLugs & Wires Installed. Electric pump was frozen. Banged on it and it started right up (I thought this only worked in the movies?). Let the fuel spray up to the engine with the line disconnected to make sure air and debris was cleared out. New fuel filter added. Carb cleaned out a bit (not rebuilt but got fuel flowing through it). Throttle makes the fuel come out, sweet. Choke works fine. Timing good. Cranked some more. Now it's trying to fire on every compression stroke. HUGE improvement. Didn't actually start up. I ran out of time so couldn't tinker anymore. But I think if I advance the timing a little, maybe, JUST maybe... I will get her going. Well, we will get her going.

The fuel lines were all rough at the ends, so I cut all of those already last night so they were nice straight, smooth ends.

Ran into a lot of little things that I need to fix due to being an@l about how my car's are put together LOL. The wire to the coil is just twistied with the wire that goes to the resistor, then bolted onto the stud on the coil. So I need to add an actual connector for power and ground there. Among other little things that just need some fixing to be right, instead of half-arsed.

0 comments