Today was a busy day at the barn. I was going to saddle up Tonka & ride, but decided to do that tomorrow...

Went to the feed/tack store... which the "new" one I went to is my favie by far Smiley
Then went to the barn.. unloaded...
Gave Tonka & Vicki their new mineral block, they were some happy ponies...
Put Tonka in the arena & chased him for 15 minutes to really get some energy out (he's been hyper the last couple days LOL).
Lead Tonka on a "trail ride" minus the riding part LOL... He isn't afraid of mailboxes, or garbage cans, cars or trucks driving by... but let me tell you LLAMAS/ALPACAS ARE SCAREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehe it was cute/funny. He just wanted to escape them sooo bad. But he was still a gentleman not pulling hard on me or running me over, just wanted to get away bad while staring at them.

Then hosed him down when we got back to the barn (just legs/chest/buttcrack) because he was a sweaty monster.

And let him hang out and drink for awhile while I cleaned stalls.

THEN came his favorite part, a haircut LOL. His bald spot is driving me crazy in his mane... so I trimmed the rest of his mane to be shorter/even and be a closer length to the bald patch so it takes less time to catch up. He as really good. Stood very patient and like a gentleman. Even let me trim his bridlepath (with scissors, not clippers) without putting his head way up there. I first used regular scissors to get the length all semi-equal.. then thinning shears. Not done yet, still needs some work, but it is a little better anywho Smiley

Anywho, enjoy the pictures. Darryl was my camera man for the day Cheesy And got some sweet pics.

These pictures and MORE, fullsize!

Barbie wanted tot alk on my phone..


TJ Being beautiful


Barbie givin me some kisses


Barbie & TJ hanging outside


Darryl's favorite part of the day, me working hard LOL


TJ being cute or thinking of trouble to get into


Getting the tractor ready to spread poop


Spreading poop


Meet Sophie, the barn dog


Mane before cutting


Mane after cutting with regular scissors


Mane after cutting with thinning shears (still needs some work)


Tonka & I




Tonka kisses




MMMM mommy tastes good..




0 comments