As most of you know, I own a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Most of you probably didn't know his name was "George" though. Why is his name "George" you may ask...

And I will answer you, 1 of 2 reasons.
1.) George, George George of the jungle, watch out for that tree!
This one for obvious reasons... Its an offroad truck and pretty fat... so its hard to watch out for trees sometimes.

2.) I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George.
I don't have a good answer for why this one fits, but it does. That and I like the name George. I had a fish tank full of George's (typically frogs though for me...)

Alot of people ask me what all I have done to "George", so this is a good place to answer all of those questions I think. George has the Toyota Package Option C if I remember correctly...

Right now, as of 8/21/2008, "George" has the following aftermarket add on's:
3" Skyjacker lift
~I wouldn't recommend it to anyone personally

33x12.50 R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws in rear & Baja MTZ's in front
~LOVE LOVE LOVE them. So far 35k+ miles and about 1/2 tread left, plus they do great on trail. I have not done the body mount chop, I do rub it some. You can run these without a lift, but don't expect to turn very well.

Panther EMR Wheels
~17" x 9" with 4.5" of backspacing. I wish I would have gone with a black steelie instead, but these will get painted eventually.

All Pro Sliders
~Really like them, the kickout has saved my rear glass and taillights a few times.

All Pro Front Bumper w/ Light Bar
~Really like it. It is simple, smaller than most, and effective. Plus it's alot lighter than most bumpers out there too.

Pro Comp Lights
~They blow out the first time I use them, EVERY time I change the bulb or light itself. Never lasts for more than an hour of continuous use, whether its a new bulb or whole new light assembly.

Bandi Antenna Mount
~Love it. Didn't have to drill holes in the truck or do anything special.

Cobra 75 WX ST Weatherband CB
~Love it. Its nice to have everything so compact and user friendly.

Warn M8000 Winch
~This thing has saved so many jeeps, I don't know what to tell you! It pulls fast enough for me and works time over time over time. I had 6 straight pulls on jeeps on one trail with it, not to mention pulling myself.. and it didn't bat an eye at the job.

A-TRAC/Locker Mod
~Who could live without it?

Magnaflow Exhaust
~This thing added low end power, like it alot. The sound is even better nowe that I accidentally ripped the tailpipe off on trail.

AFE Intake
~HOLY COW does this thing sound GOOD! Not to mention the low end power I got out of it was pretty noticeable.

Cal Trend Seat Covers
~They are neoprene, need I say more?


And I think that is it... There are ALOT of plans in the near future for "George", but they must remain a secret for now MUAHAHAHA. I will however be posting articles on each individual mod as of current with pictures eventually too.

0 comments